List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Various things
From:       Andreas Faust <a.faust () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-11-28 19:29:40

first of all:

<submit@bugs.freeradius.org>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)

2nd, I experienced a "malfunction" regarding rlm_sql_mysql ..
I am sure here is just a good idea needed how to prevent it.

It happens IF you do not get stop packets for a short while (routing problems) AND \
log start packets AND you do not clear the start packets from accounting DB.

As soon as a NAS reboots, it will send an accounting_onoff packet, which will update \
the AcctStopTime of all users logged in to that NAS to NOW() and calculate the \
AcctSessionTime from "AcctStopTime - AcctStartTime" ... this also means if you still \
have users left, who did not got logged out on that NAS, you will have users being \
online several days to several weeks up to several months ...

I think it SHOULD be in the Documentation, as noone will think about clearing the \
AcctStartPackets from the DB.

sincerely
Andreas