List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: No route, no DNS
From:       Simon Byrnand <simon () igrin ! co ! nz>
Date:       2001-07-27 21:25:57

At 02:19 PM 27/07/01 -0400, aland@striker.ottawa.on.ca wrote:
>Thorsten Ries <thorsten@sgi.admin.healthnet.lu> wrote:
>> I am currently installing freeradius working together with an ascend
>> router and I have problems to access the machines behind the router.
>> Establishing the connection and pinging the router is no problem, but
>> nothing else is working.
>>
>> The users-file:
>>
>> test          Password=="password"
>>                 Service-Type = Framed-User,
>>                 User-Name = "ISDN Test",
>>                 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>>                 Framed-Address = 10.100.1.1,
>>                 Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
>
>  Don't use Framed-Netmask

I've found with our MAX6000 that I have to explicitly specify
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255 in the DEFAULT profile, otherwise I get
the same problem of connecting, but no traffic flowing. So not specifying
Framed-Netmask must tell the NAS "use whatever your default Netmask
parameter is" which could vary depending on the brand and configuration of
the NAS. In the case of the MAX it has the option of using the built in
Answer profile as a template or not. (effectively an invisible DEFAULT
section off the bottom of your user file :) I havn't fully investigated yet
to find out exactly which option is causing this, and I feel hapier
specifying it explicitly anyway....

Regards,
Simon