List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    freeradius on FreeBSD 2.2.8
From:       Dan Keshet <dkesh () channel1 ! com>
Date:       2001-06-28 21:33:53

Has anybody had luck getting FreeRadius running on old versions of
FreeBSD?

We have an old installation of FreeBSD 2.2.8 that we're trying to get
FreeRadius to run on.  At first, it failed linking the dynamic modules, so
we compiled everything in statically.  Now it runs, but does not answer to
radtest (or any radius request).  The radius.log file simply says:

Thu Jun 28 14:45:48 2001 : Info: Listening on IP address *, ports 1812/udp and 1813/udp.
Thu Jun 28 14:45:48 2001 : Info: Ready to process requests.

but doesn't log the connection attempts.  (All logging is on in the
radius.conf files).  Radtest insists that there is no radius server
running on that port.  netstat confirms that it is at the very least
waiting for connections.

(Same result for freeradius 0.1 on up through CVS from a couple days ago.)

It works fine when we run it on a FreeBSD 4.3 box, but for other reasons,
upgrading the operating system is a very poor option and we hope to find
another solution.

Any ideas?