List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: RedHat 7.0 New Install Freeradius-0.1
From:       "Jerry A. Davis" <jerry () moonlink ! net>
Date:       2001-06-27 3:27:07

-----Original Message-----
From: freeradius-users-admin@lists.cistron.nl
[mailto:freeradius-users-admin@lists.cistron.nl]On Behalf Of Scott R.
Pesato
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 7:30 PM
To: freeradius-users@lists.cistron.nl

As of yet this does not presently exist. (the idiot cheat sheets:)..please
state your desired method of authentication ie: mysql, postgresql,
system....and I am sure someone here can be of some help.

Scott
I am trying to do the following
1. Authenicate using 2 relms
2. no database needed at this time (sql or anything)
3. OS RH7.0
That is it
JD
Below Is how I compiled and make freeradius-0.1

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 06:48 pm, you wrote:
> Hello;
> I am running Linux version 7.0 and trying to install Freeradius-0.1
> Would some one please point me to a config page [idiot cheat sheet] as I
> spent
> all last night and most of this day without success getting radius to run.
> Last install we did here was in 1999 using meritradius on a Linux 1.2.13
> OS. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you very much
>

>  Jerry

I am trying to do the following
1. Authenicate using 2 relms
2. no database needed at this time (sql or anything)
3. OS RH7.0

I have done the following plus after installation I did:
1. make clean
2. ./configure --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
make
make install
	This created files in /etc/raddb, /usr/local/{bin,sbin}
	I copied and renamed the script from
/usr/src/RADIUS/freeradius-0.1/redhat/rc.radiused-redhat to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/radiusd.init
3. next /etc/rc.d/init.d/radiusd.init start     [no errors]
4. next I looked at /user/local/{bin,sin}
	I ran the binaries and got errors --- looking for raddb in
/user/local/raddb not /etc/raddb
Basically I am back to round one.
Below Is what I originally did before I reinstalled free radius-0.1
+++++++++++++++++++++++ SNIP HISTORY
1. downloaded free radius-0.1
2. Extracted the tar file into /usr/src/RADIUS
3. This Obviously created a /usr/src/RADIUS/freeradius-01 directory
4. I went to the /doc area and printed README
5. ./configure
6. make
7. make install
8. no errors reported
9. edited /usr/local/raddb
10. copied raddb to /etc/raddb
11. cd to /freeradius-0.1/redhat
12. copied rc.radiusd-redhat as radiusd.init to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/radiusd.init
13. Went back to the README in /docs and under 2. COMPILE noticed that there
are many ways to compile freeradius. I might be half way there but I am
getting confused as I am not familiar with  freeradius or any other radius
program.
14. I looked at the /scripts area and ran ./check-radiusd-config [no errors]
15. Feeling quite stupid at this point I then read radwatch and was told not
to use this file
16. rc.radiusd and rc.raidusd.in [does the rc.raidusd or rc.radusd.in need
to be renamed to raddb?]
17. As I recalled compiling meritradius pretty straight forward and moving
files was pretty easy
18. freeradius-0.1 Obviously is the way to go but I am very confused at this
point.
19. Basecaly Lost
Thanks
Jerry Davis