List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: freeradius 0.1 unresponsive child thread problem
From:       aland () striker ! ottawa ! on ! ca
Date:       2001-05-30 18:17:15

 "Grant, David (Aus) - N Ryde" <David.Grant@aus.xerox.com> wrote:
> Simple solution implemented, and all works fine now. Thanks.

 ... except for the fact that your machine is overloaded.

  If a request is being processed *slowly*, but still being processed,
then that means the server isn't buggy, but your CPU has too little
time to spend servicing the requests.

> Note that others are having similar problems. I am (was!) getting 200MB+
> error logs within 10-15 minutes of operation. I will check out the CVS snap,
> but my skills in the code area are not that good.

  I'm amazed, quite frankly, at how quickly people ran into this
problem.  My tests showed that even without thread pools, the server
could handle fairly high loads.

  I guess that real-world loads are 10-100 times what I used in my
tests.  Oh well.

  Alan DeKok.