List:       freeradius-devel
Subject:    rlm ideas
From:       Chad Miller <cmiller () surfsouth ! com>
Date:       2001-05-19 22:48:00

I've been considering a better module-execution path (remember that
rlm_interpreter_tcl attempt?) and heard that Lucent's product had some
simple execution control.  I looked, and quickly abandoned any idea of
emulating it.  Ugly interface.

The Lucent folks have some interesting modules/"plugins" that we might
steal ideas from.  (Hi, Lucent lurkers!)

http://www.lucentradius.com/docs/Plugin_Quick_Reference.htm

ReadColumnarText and ReadDelimitedText
DHCP
JDBC

Of course, it's doesn't make sense to bother writing them unless someone
notices they're missing in FreeRADIUS, but I was hoping mentioning them
would speed that along.  Too bad it's net very feasable to write a
rlm_jvm_runmethod, or we could simply appropriate them.  :)

						- chad

ObStupidLawyerNote:  Use of ":)" at the end of an inflamatory sentence
 denotes intent of humor.  It's _not_ unicode for a copyright symbol with
 a slash through it in any language I know of.  Really.  hth.

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>  | Policeman: You're playing God!
unix brujo, shutterbug, bookworm     | Dr. Hfuhruhurr: *Somebody* has to!

-