List:       freeradius-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug in filters.c ?
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () striker ! ottawa ! on ! ca>
Date:       2000-07-18 19:23:27

David Nicklay <ventura@angband.org> wrote:
> I am not yet certain whether what I have found is a bug within the
> Radius code within filters.c, or if it is an interaction with
> something else, however when I import Ascend-Data-Filter attributes
> from the SQL server in the radgroupreply table, what I find is that
> any filter statement which has an IP, gets the first two bytes of
> the IP overwritten within the generated binary string upon the very
> next call of filterBinary().

  It's a problem with the filter.c file.  It tries to set the 'more'
bit for generic filters, and ends up doing so for non-generic filters.

  The code needs to be rewritten.  I haven't had time to even audit
submitted code.  (See previous messages)

> I found that by commenting out anything in reference to prevRadPair
> within that function, the problem goes away.

   Yeah, that sounds like a temporary solution.

  Alan DeKok.