List:       freeradius-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.0 SQL pooling question
From:       Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb () freeradius ! org>
Date:       2013-06-14 14:54:10

On 14 Jun 2013, at 14:04, Alan DeKok <aland@deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Phil Mayers wrote:
> > I'm actually thinking of errors where the SQL server is up, but
> > responding incorrectly (e.g. cached query plans are invalid due to
> > schema changes).
> >
> > I guess there would need to be a per-driver set of options as to which
> > error codes count as "down"?
>
> I'd hard-code those, quite frankly.  They're database-specific, and
> there's no reason to make them configurable.

Agreed. There's not usually any way to resolve an error string to an error code, so \
you'd either have to specify individual error numbers (which could be messed up by \
the errors being enumerated differently between library versions), or write \
translation tables in the drivers to convert strings to the macro values.

FYI: SQL_DOWN was renamed to RLM_SQL_RECONNECT (i think SQL_DOWN conflicted with one \
of the drivers). Forgotten that had happened.

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb@freeradius.org>
FreeRADIUS Development Team

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html