List:       freeradius-devel
Subject:    Re: RADIUS EAP Client
From:       Raghu <raghud () hereuare ! com>
Date:       2002-01-31 19:46:17

> since I use the laptop with a wireless card to handshake with freeradius
> server.  I think it is ok to whatever network.

Wireless card is just a means to connect to the network.
So this client should work, as I am using it the same way.

> I test this situation:
> client have client.certificate( whatever format), root.certificate
> server have sever certificate, root.certificate

> which the root is the trust root which both sever and client trust. I know
> how to configure client in the window, but I donot know how to config server
> the freeradius. In the radius.conf, I have a  block - tls{ certificate_file,
> privatekey_file, dh_file, random_file, passwd}. Where can I config the
> trusted root or CAL of server?  or it still not support for this ? it just
> support for on CA.?

For example,
the pem files from www.rtfm.com,

root.pem - contains CA List (that both Client & server trust)
server.pem - contains Server Certificate with its private Key.
random.pem - contains random data
dh1024.pem - contains DH group.

To configure, radiusd.conf in the block tls,
 using the above files, My configuration is

private_key_password = password
private_key_file = /path/server.pem
certificate_file = /path/root.pem
dh_file = /path/dh1024.pem