List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] NoMachine NX 4 client and FreeNX
From:       chris () ccburton ! com
Date:       2011-08-23 8:31:37

--=_alternative 002ED724802578F5_=

freenx-knx-bounces@kde.org wrote on 22/08/2011 15:17:30:

> I think FreeNX is broken and needs to be fixed to add
NXPlayer support.

It's hardly broken Marcelo, just slightly different.

I'm not sure why you have expectations of forward compatibility.

> If NXPlayer is working fine with nxserver, then nomachine will not fix
> it to work with FreeNX.

The nxclients aren't Open Source anyway
and
nomachine are not making their V4 libraries Open-Source
so
you may well find they make it all work by updating the
V3 server to a subset of the V4 protocols
and
discontinuing all support for the V3 libraries,
including the V3 client
so
we may be on our own now anyway.

I guess Nomachine aren't too enamoured of FreeNX.

> The problem is that FreeNX is not 100% compliant with
> NXServer and it is
> hard to do that.

I doubt it needs to be unless you want multimedia support.

If you want NXplayer to work ASAP then :-

install Nomachine's own Free Edition
and
disable packet encryption
and
sniff the packets contents and tell us what is happening during a
session set up.

> Regards.
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Florian Schmidt <fschmidt@gmx.at>
wrote:
> > hmm, tested with the latest Version of nx player (NX4 client). Sorry
> > to say but it seems that this is still broken.

It's unlikely that anyone will want to spend much time on this
until Nomachine have finished beta testing.

If you are in a hurry Florian, then you can sniff the session set up
as described earlier.

If you are lucky there might just be some trivial message
re-formatting holding you up.

Welcome to Open Source, you want it, you (help) fix it, or you wait.

> > Cheers,
> > Florian
> >>
> >> Nomachine also say . . .
> >>
> >> Compatibility between the 3 and the 4 will be fully preserved.
> >> There may be bugs when connecting with a client 3 to a server 4 and
> >> viceversa.
> >> These bugs will be resolved in the final release.

There's not much point in doing anything until you know
Nomachine's NXPlayer actually works with Nomachine's server V3
AND
the V3 nxagent/libraries . . .

Does it, anyone ??

--=_alternative 002ED724802578F5_=

&gt; I think FreeNX is broken and needs to be fixed to add</font></tt>
compatibility.</font></tt>
nomachine will not fix<br>
&gt; it to work with FreeNX.</font></tt>
the</font></tt>
&gt; <br>
&gt; The problem is that FreeNX is not 100% compliant with</font></tt>
&gt; hard to do that.<br>
support.</font></tt>
during a</font></tt>
&gt; Regards.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Florian Schmidt &lt;fschmidt@gmx.at&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; hmm, tested with the latest Version of nx player (NX4 client).
Sorry<br>
&gt; &gt; to say but it seems that this is still broken.<br>
time on this</font></tt>
the session set up</font></tt>
message</font></tt>
it, or you wait.</font></tt>
&gt; &gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; &gt; Florian<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; Nomachine also say . . .<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; Compatibility between the 3 and the 4 will be fully preserved.<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; There may be bugs when connecting with a client 3 to a server
4 and<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; viceversa.<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; These bugs will be resolved in the final release.<br>
know </font></tt>
server V3</font></tt>
--=_alternative 002ED724802578F5_=--

     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
    Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ

         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/