List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Screen resolution, remote and local
From:       Mario Becroft <mb () gem ! win ! co ! nz>
Date:       2010-04-05 21:57:43

1.41421@gmail.com writes:

> Consider the following scenario:
>
> 1) A Linux box A running an NX server and Gnome desktop at a 1900x1200 screen
> resolution.
>
> 2) A Linux box B running an NX server and Gnome desktop at an 800x600 screen
> resolution.
> What I would like is for the shadowing session in B to take up as much screen
> space in B as possible, while preserving the view on the desktop in A and use
> scroll bars in the NX client in B to cover different areas of the A desktop at
> will. This is pretty much what software like RealVNC and TightVNC do. Can the
> NX server or client or both be configured in such a way that this behavior is
> achieved?

Not sure if you got an answer to this one, but as far as I know nx does
not have any inbuilt scrolling support, so what I would do is program my
window manager to size the nx window to the size of screen A and enclose
it with scrollbars.

Only problem is I don't think the gnome wm has the ability to do this,
so you might need to use a more fully-featured wm like fvwm.

--
Mario Becroft <mb@gem.win.co.nz>
     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ

         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/