List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    [FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX user's don't show as logged in
From:       Matt.Nichols () tdcj ! state ! tx ! us
Date:       2009-12-16 14:48:12

--=_alternative 0051513A8625768E_=

I've got FreeNX running under SLES (Suse Linux Enterprise Server) 10 SP2:

NX-3.2.0-47.1
FreeNX-0.7.3-4.1
rdesktop-1.6.0-41.1

I'm curious why when I have any number of users logged in they don't show
up as being logged into the NXServer with utilities like 'who' or 'w'
unless they've got a shell/xterm open. Is there a way make them show up as
a logged in user even though they're only using gnome? Or if this
intentional can someone explain the reasoning behind it?

Thanks,

-Matt
--=_alternative 0051513A8625768E_=

Linux Enterprise Server) 10 SP2:</font>
of users logged in they don't show up as being logged into the NXServer
with utilities like 'who' or 'w' unless they've got a shell/xterm open.
Is there a way make them show up as a logged in user even though they're
only using gnome? Or if this intentional can someone explain the reasoning
behind it?</font>
--=_alternative 0051513A8625768E_=--

     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
    Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ

         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/