List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Wiki, Docs and Homepage
From:       "lewis schmidt" <lewis.schmidt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-04 15:24:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

nine bucks really, that sound good.  please... no hostilities please.  this
is about fun..  i think any cost effective decision is a good one... and
seriously.. if you want good service.. sometimes its worth the money.  busy
working right now as the resident script monkey so i don't have time to do a
review of services/fees.

has anyone seen/used anything from an opensource friendly company?

On 8/4/08, Kurt Godric <kgodric@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Dato: Tue, 06 May 2008 15:49:48 +0200
> Fra: Fabian Franz <FabianFranz@gmx.de>
> Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <
> freenx-knx@kde.org>
> Emne: [FreeNX-kNX] Wiki, Docs and Homepage
> Til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <
> freenx-knx@kde.org>
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I got used to berlios, but as their services seem to degrade in
> > quality (wiki not writable) and our homepage is not current anyway,
> > I give out the following "jobs":
> >
> > - Website manager:
> >
> > Your task is to manage the FreeNX website possibly with a CMS in
> > background so that changes can be easily done by editors.
> >
> > - Docs manager:
> >
> > Your task is to write new docs and look into old docs if they are
> > current. It seems tan is doing that quite well already, but he might
> > need help.
> >
> > It also seems that classic bugtracking via berlios did not work out.
> >
> > I also would like to change to git for version control with a
> > central svn repository as master branch, so we can have several
> > branches and I can more easily pull from a tree or get Signed-Off
> > patches that I can easily apply or change.
> >
> > So any ideas where we can move, where we have a SVN, a very basic
> > bugtracking tool for reporting bugs with ML interface and a Wiki?
> >
> > Perhaps we could also use a TRAC for HP and Wiki and Bugs and
> > Tickets and leave the rest at berlios for now, while decreasing the
> > amount of services used from berlios.
> >
> > Is anyone willing to setup something like that for like freenx.org?
> > (We could point to your IP then ...)
> >
> > I think I am at a good stage for managing a stable version that is
> > changing, but still very stable. Also with RL management of 3 months.
> >
> > But the overall other things I would like to hear is what you think
> > we can do for managing the docs, HP and Wiki part more lively?
> >
> I know I've suggested this in the past, but since then nothing has happened
> to all these issues and in the meantime changes have been made to my
> proposed hostingplace: launchpad/bazaar from Canonical.
> I'm no developer myself, but I see many positive sideeffects by moving
> FreeNX to them - easier colloboration/contribution on translation,
> documentation, homepage management, bug reporting, etc. IMHO.
> I, for one, got more positive than before after reading these two
> pages/links:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/news/launchpad2-improves-collaboration
>
> http://blogs.mysql.com/kaj/2008/06/19/version-control-thanks-bitkeeper-welcome-bazaar/
>  Hopefully this suits the developer side as well :-)
> Regards,
> Terje

> ------------------------------
> Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before.
> See how Windows(R) fits your life<http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108587394/direct/01/>

> ------------------------------
> Get more from your digital life. Find out \

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

this is about fun..&nbsp; i think any cost effective decision is a good one... and \
seriously.. if you want good service.. sometimes its worth the money.&nbsp; busy \
working right now as the resident script monkey so i don&#39;t have time to do a \
review of services/fees.</div>

&lt;<a href="mailto:kgodric@hotmail.com">kgodric@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span> \
BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid"> <div>No, If it were a shameless, pathetic plug, I would \
have plastered it with logos and inserted all kinds of references to the company \
name.&nbsp; I just wanted to throw the idea out there in the event you were \
interested.&nbsp; If you are not interested, I&#39;m cool with that, but I want you \
to consider looking at the link below.&nbsp; It is a friend of mine that I do not \
make any money off of.&nbsp; He has great hosting pricing (starting at \
$9.00/month).&nbsp; His packages offer a lot of services at no additional charge, \
like hourly backups and so on.<br> <br><a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="http://www.ewdhosting.com/hosting-packages.html" \
I just want to help the community, not make money off of you.<br> <br>Have a great \
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:13:22 -0400<br>From: <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:latez1@gmail.com" \
target="_blank">latez1@gmail.com</a>  <div><span class="e" \
id="q_11b8e32596b26b82_1"><br>To: <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:freenx-knx@kde.org" \
target="_blank">freenx-knx@kde.org</a><br>Subject: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Wiki, Docs and \
Homepage<br> <br>
you and as you have to understand... <br>&quot;this is not a shameless plug&quot;, he \
only wants to make something off a service for which you wish to offer freely to the \
community. <br> Seriously Kurt that was just a pathetic and shameful offering. \
Perhaps you could have mailed him privately and offered it that way. When you send it \
Aug 4, 2008 at 10:05 AM, lewis schmidt <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:lewis.schmidt@gmail.com" \

developement etc... how about a tally of how many people would actually be \
involved?&nbsp; I doubt that there would be such a huge need for such expensive \
services..&nbsp; heck, i&#39;d dedicate a cable modem to it if everyone agreed to \
it.&nbsp; cheap.</div>

top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:kgodric@hotmail.com" \
target="_blank">kgodric@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span>  <blockquote \
style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex"> <div>I work in a datacenter in Atlanta, Georgia, USA and \
have colo space and dedicated servers if you want to build your infrastructure in a \
great environment.&nbsp; We have all kinds of bandwidth available to us and can sell \
you anything you need.&nbsp; The datacenter hangs off of Atlanta&#39;s 10GigE metro \
fiber ring, and is broken down any way you need it.&nbsp; We also offer full \
monitoring services and server management services for just about any DC/Colocation \
in the world.<br> <br>Another thing that we have available are full sun cabinets with \
2 Cisco switchs,IP KVM, 33 Sun Servers, and PDUs all wired and ready to plug and play \
for less than $10,000/rack.&nbsp; Perfect for building high density clusters or for \
dedicated servers.&nbsp; <br> <br>If you or anyone you know are interested, Please \
contact me and we can discuss this offline.<br><br>By the way, this is not a \
shameless plug, as I have not given my company name, but an offer to assist in \
bettering this community.&nbsp; Unfortunately I cannot afford to give our services \
for free, but we are very compeditive and can work with you to build a solution that \
<hr>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 17:03:51 -0400<br>From: <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:lewis.schmidt@gmail.com" \
target="_blank">lewis.schmidt@gmail.com</a><br>To: <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:freenx-knx@kde.org" \
                target="_blank">freenx-knx@kde.org</a><br>
dedicated time to working on any wiki.&nbsp; My preference is \
Deki-Wiki&gt;Media-Wiki.&nbsp; I&#39;m not sure what process is in place to make any \
formal decisions please educate me.</div>

top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:terander@guard.zapto.org" \
target="_blank">terander@guard.zapto.org</a>&gt; wrote:</span>  <blockquote \
style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex">----- Melding fra <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:FabianFranz@gmx.de" \
target="_blank">FabianFranz@gmx.de</a> ---------<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; Dato: Tue, 06 May \
2008 15:49:48 +0200<br> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Fra: Fabian Franz &lt;<a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:FabianFranz@gmx.de" \
target="_blank">FabianFranz@gmx.de</a>&gt;<br>Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX \
Server and kNX Client &lt;<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="mailto:freenx-knx@kde.org" target="_blank">freenx-knx@kde.org</a>&gt;<br> \
&nbsp; &nbsp; Emne: [FreeNX-kNX] Wiki, Docs and Homepage<br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Til: \
User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client &lt;<a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:freenx-knx@kde.org" \
all,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I got used to berlios, but as their services seem to degrade \
in&nbsp; <br>&gt; quality (wiki not writable) and our homepage is not current \
Website manager:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Your task is to manage the FreeNX website possibly \
with a CMS in&nbsp; <br>&gt; background so that changes can be easily done by \
docs and look into old docs if they are&nbsp; <br>&gt; current. It seems tan is doing \
also seems that classic bugtracking via berlios did not work out.<br> &gt;<br>&gt; I \
also would like to change to git for version control with a&nbsp; <br>&gt; central \
svn repository as master branch, so we can have several&nbsp; <br>&gt; branches and I \
can more easily pull from a tree or get Signed-Off&nbsp; <br> &gt; patches that I can \
where we have a SVN, a very basic&nbsp; <br>&gt; bugtracking tool for reporting bugs \
a TRAC for HP and Wiki and Bugs and&nbsp; <br>&gt; Tickets and leave the rest at \
berlios for now, while decreasing the&nbsp; <br>&gt; amount of services used from \
berlios.<br>&gt;<br> &gt; Is anyone willing to setup something like that for like <a \
onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://freenx.org/" \
target="_blank">freenx.org</a>?&nbsp; <br>&gt; (We could point to your IP then \
...)<br> &gt;<br>&gt; I think I am at a good stage for managing a stable version that \
is&nbsp; <br>&gt; changing, but still very stable. Also with RL management of 3 \
months.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; But the overall other things I would like to hear is what you \
think&nbsp; <br> &gt; we can do for managing the docs, HP and Wiki part more \
nothing has happened to all these issues and in the meantime changes have been made \
to my proposed hostingplace: launchpad/bazaar from Canonical.<br> I&#39;m no \
developer myself, but I see many positive sideeffects by moving FreeNX to them - \
easier colloboration/contribution on translation, documentation, homepage management, \
bug reporting, etc. IMHO.<br>I, for one, got more positive than before after reading \
these two pages/links:<br> <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="http://www.ubuntu.com/news/launchpad2-improves-collaboration" \
target="_blank">http://www.ubuntu.com/news/launchpad2-improves-collaboration</a><br><a \
onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="http://blogs.mysql.com/kaj/2008/06/19/version-control-thanks-bitkeeper-welcome-bazaar/" \
target="_blank">http://blogs.mysql.com/kaj/2008/06/19/version-control-thanks-bitkeeper-welcome-bazaar/</a><br>
 Hopefully this suits the developer side as well :-)<br>Regards, \
&nbsp; Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?<br>&nbsp; &nbsp;Then \
please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:<br> &nbsp;<a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ" \
target="_blank">http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ</a><br>&nbsp; \
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Don&#39;t forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:<br> &nbsp; \
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.nomachine.com/kb/" \
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; FreeNX-kNX mailing list --- <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:FreeNX-kNX@kde.org" \
target="_blank">FreeNX-kNX@kde.org</a><br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/freenx-knx" \
 <hr>
Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. <a \
onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108587394/direct/01/" target="_blank">See how \
Windows&reg; fits your life</a></div> \
target="_blank">http://www.nomachine.com/kb/</a><br> \
[...]
Get more from your digital life. <a onclick="return \
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" \
href="http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008" \
target="_blank">Find out \
 &nbsp; &nbsp; Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?<br>&nbsp; \
href="mailto:FreeNX-kNX@kde.org">FreeNX-kNX@kde.org</a><br> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<a \