List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Starting a second application within an
From:       "Fabian Franz" <FabianFranz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-14 15:19:26

> Am Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2008 16:18:50 schrieb Terje Andersen:
> > The way I've seen people report that they use the rootless mode (when
> > in need of several windows), is that they start their applications
> > from the xterm window which then will be started inside the same
> > session. Another solution is to create a serverside script that does
> > this for you, and start this script instead of the xterm (defined in
> > the client).
>
> Ok - to start applications from the xterm would be a solution for me as an
> IT
> man but not for simple users. They need a button they can click on on
> their
> desktop to get the app they need.

This is now implemented in SVN.

You can ENABLE_ADVANCED_SESSION_CONTROL="1" in node.conf and then call your session \
"add myserver xterm" or "add myserver konqueror" or whatever. Important is only that \
it starts with "add ". The rest afterwards is irrelevant.

You might want to use the --plugin mode though instead of --session from nxclient. As \
I have to return an error from the server after I have started the application.

So what to do is:

Create a simple cmd or .bat script, which does like:

perl.exe -pi -s 's,<option key="Automatic reconnect" value="false" />,<option \
key="Automatic reconnect" value="true" />,g' %1 nxclient.exe --plugin %1

The above is untested just out of the blue.

I hope that helps,

Best regards,

Fabian