List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Printer and file sharing via smb
From:       "Fabian Franz" <FabianFranz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-04 2:47:04

> Hello Fabian.
>
> > > I test FreeNX 0.7.1 on an ubuntu 7.10 with a windows client on Vista.
> >
> > Which packages? That could help Ace, which seemed not to be able to find
> > packages for Ubuntu.
> See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=620057.
> This guy has already done the job. Thanks to him!
>
> > Go to "System settings", "Windows Firewall Options", select "File- and
> > Printersharing", click "Edit", check "TCP 139" (it is, since SP2 and
> Vista
> > I think too, unchecked by default).
> I've no firewall on the machine.

The Windows firewall is always active since SP2.

And in this case it makes sure, which ports are open for the printer and filesharing \
... (that has nothing todo with firewall, but its there anyway)

So could you please see if you are able to do what I asked for?
(Regardless whether there is a firewall installed or not ...)

cu

Fabian