List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] NX printing through port 445
From:       Prakash Velayutham <prakash.velayutham () cchmc ! org>
Date:       2007-12-07 4:39:40

Hi Fabian,

On Dec 4, 2007, at 7:57 PM, Fabian Franz wrote:

>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am trying to print from the NX server session to a Windows client
>> printer through port 445 (as that is the only port open, as Netbios
>> over TCP/IP is disabled on the Windows client). Is this doable?
>
> Yes, but you have to recompile smbprint from samba and change in
> libsmb == 445 to != 139.

As you suggested, I recompiled Samba with this change and now I am
able to perform smbclient and smbspool through SSH tunnel to port 445.

But, when I do the same with NoMachine's NX client (with Netbios over
TCP/IP disabled), I still see that the client is trying to export its
printers and drives  through port 139. Here is client's error file.

Loop: WARNING! Connected to remote version 2.1.0 with local version
3.0.0.
Proxy: WARNING! Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with
error 'Connection refused'.
Proxy: WARNING! Received data for invalid channel ID#2.
[...]

Here is the options file.

nx/
nx
,cookie
=
54e5ca4610f5594832f3040f59685b21
,samba
=
139
,encryption
=
1
,session
=session,id=mannose-1000-9422FA5EDAC1C215947DBF79EE341D6B,display=:
0:1000

Here is the session file/

Info: Display running with pid '4028' and handler '0x1602b8'.

NXPROXY - Version 3.0.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2007 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '2760'.
Session: Starting session at 'Thu Dec  6 23:06:32 2007'.
Warning: Connected to remote version 2.1.0 with local version 3.0.0.
Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.
Info: Using MODEM link parameters 256/24/1/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/16384KB/16384KB.
Info: Using image streaming parameters 50/128/1024KB/1024/128.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/65536KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-3' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 6/6/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 9/9.
Info: Using cache file 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINU~1\NX73F8~1/cache-unix-kde/
S-4D5310AA90D33578A9D2C2C7032B518D'.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.
Info: Forwarding SMB connections to port '139'.
Session: Session started at 'Thu Dec  6 23:06:32 2007'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.
Warning: Connection to SMB server 'CMCCLIENT6:139' failed with error
'Connection refused'.

Obviously, client should not tell the server that it will use 139 when
139 is actually closed and only 445 is open. What do you think is
going wrong here?

> Or you can use and compile nxprint from !M sources or from !M free
> forever edition and use a URI as nx://user@host:port/cifs/printer/.
>
>> If it is, how should the DEVICE_URI be specified so it uses the
>> forwarded port? The server cannot talk to the client PC directly as
>> they are on different ends of a firewall. Only option is the SSH
>> tunnel that NX is using.
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

And, if you have a minute, through the SSH tunnel what I printed was
wrongly formatted. I had to first do a unix2dos on the file for the
file to get printed correctly through the tunnel. Any idea how this
can be resolved without doing unix2dos?

Regards,
Prakash