List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Native window icons on MS-Windows
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-11-19 17:31:54

Stephan Schnitzer wrote:

> I'm trying freenx (current svn) with !M Sources and the commercial
> client programs in rootless mode.
> My question is about the window icons (shown on the top left of each
> window and in the taskbar).
> Using the Linux client the icons are shown as if the application runs
> local (e.g. firefox-bin has its blue/red icon).
> However on MS Windows (Client 3.0.0-84), each window has this red !M icon.

I guess that's because on Windows each top level window coming from NX
is an X server window (even if in rootless mode), where the remote app-
lication window is nested inside that top level window.

Windows does not know anything about the remote application, it only
knows about the X server window used by NX.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS