List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Decent 8 bit display in nxclient.
From:       "Fabian Franz" <FabianFranz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-10-05 15:32:31

> Sorry Fabian for not giving you relevant data. :-(

No problem,

> I hope this is relevant information.

Yes, much more.

> When I change to 8 bit color depth on my pc and start a nx session it
> looks like this.
> http://www.halfface.se/ScreenCaptureOfWhatItLooksLikeOnWindowsMachine.pn

Okay, I see the problem.

> If I do a screen capture in the remote nx environment, and look at it on
> a machine with full color the screen capture looks like this.
> http://www.halfface.se/ScreenCaptureCreatedInRemote8bitSession.png

Okay ...

> From a nxclient started under Linux with an 8 bit color display it looks ok.

Okay.

> I am running windows 2000 with nxclient 3.0.0.78.

Okay.

> Is there a way to configure nxclient to start an 8bit nx session even if
> you are running Truecolor on your computer?

The real question is why do you need 8-bit color?

(I ask this question, because sometimes there are amazing workarounds possible ...)

The other answer is that I do not know if its not possible or if its a bug.

Please ask NoMachine. You can describe your problem with a complete description of \
your setup and screenshots to developers@nomachine.com.

However they most probably will help you faster, if you buy some commercial support \
for this issue. (As it seems only to occur with some special software that most \
probably is commercial as well ...)

cu

Fabian