List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] OT: Editing a .nxs file with nxclient
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-09-09 13:50:42

Felix E. Klee wrote:
> At Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:49:42 +0200,
> Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
>> strange: linux nxclient 3.0.0-78 works for me the way Kurt explained -
>> same behaviour as nxclient 2.1.0-17 some time ago.
>
> Well, then either there's a misunderstanding or you have special clients
> (that don't adhere to the documentation).  When I try to open a .nxs
> file e.g. as follows, then "nxclient" starts up just as normal and I can
> choose one of the .nxs files in "~/.nx/config":
>
> $ nxclient --config bla.nxs
>
> The reason, obviously, is that "nxclient --config" expects a ".cfg" file
> to be specified.

Whatever.

As soon as you have an NX Client dialog open (however you achieved
that), you can rename/edit the "Session" field.

Once you then proceed, you are asked if you want to rename the started
session, or create a new one:

 - Renaming the session will also rename the session file (a .nxs),
 - creating a new session will create a new .nxs file too.

Clear now?

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS