List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX namechange
From:       Leopold Palomo Avellaneda <lepalom () wol ! es>
Date:       2007-07-10 21:18:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

A Dissabte 07 Juliol 2007 16:35, Kurt Pfeifle va escriure:
> Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> > Yes, and people keep confusing FreeNX with NX Free edition, which is
> > understandable. I have two suggestions; LibreNX or, perhaps abit more
> > humorous, NX Libre Edition :)
> >
> > /Jo-Erlend
>
> Be careful with any name you ever pick for a software project.
>
> I don't know for sure, but I'm convinced that NoMachine have some sort of
> trademark protection on their NX brand (because most companies do this be-
> for they start selling and promoting a new brand). Back in the time they
> agreed with our request to use "FreeNX" as a name.
Jo-Erlend :
LibreNX
NX Libre Edition
Fabian thought Freetrix
I propose:
N2X --> NX + 2X = N2X
F2X --> FreeNX/Fast to X
F4X --> FreeNX/Fast for X

the propose is to have and project with the server and the client. Any ideas
for a cool name?

regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692