List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Debugging
From:       "Daniel Aquino" <mr.danielaquino () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-06 14:45:25

On 6/5/07, Fabian Franz <FabianFranz@gmx.de> wrote:

> Either opening the firewall for ports 5000-5999 or enabling SSL encryption should help.

I don't have firewall locally on the box...
Although port 22 is nat'd to it but that was never an issue...

> Ah, it waits for connection on port 5002, but that connection never comes.

I took off ssl to see if that was the problem it didn't work with ssl either...
Here is the error log with ssl on...

NXAGENT - Version 2.1.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2006 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Agent running with pid '11404'.
Session: Starting session at 'Wed Jun  6 10:42:20 2007'.
Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '11404'.
Info: Waiting for connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '5002'.
Info: Accepted connection from '127.0.0.1' with port '54128'.
Info: Connection with remote proxy established.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Info: Using isdn link parameters 384/24/1/0.
Info: Using agent parameters 5000/50/0/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/4194304/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using image streaming parameters 50/128/1024KB/1536/192.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/32768KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-5' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 6/6/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 9/9.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Established X client connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/1/1/2048K.
Info: No window manager has been detected.
nxagentOpenScreen: Forcing fullscreen mode with no window manager running,
Info: Using local device configuration changes.
Info: Using alpha channel in render extension.
Session: Session started at 'Wed Jun  6 10:42:26 2007'.
Session: Terminating session at 'Wed Jun  6 10:42:30 2007'.
Info: End of NX transport requested by agent.
Info: Watchdog running with pid '12514'.
Info: Waiting the watchdog process to complete.
Info: Shutting down the NX transport.
Session: Session terminated at 'Wed Jun  6 10:42:40 2007'.
me value            set a property to a given value
    -root                          examine the root window
    -len n                         display at most n bytes of any property
    -notype                        do not display the type field
    -fs filename                   where to look for formats for properties
    -frame                         don't ignore window manager frames
    -f propname format [dformat]   formats to use for property of given name
    -spy                           examine window properties forever

kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
kded: cannot connect to X server unix:1002
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-12283' to 'kded'
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
kcminit_startup: cannot connect to X server unix:1002
ksmserver: cannot connect to X server unix:1002
startkde: Shutting down...
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
xprop:  unable to open display 'unix:1002'
usage:  xprop [-options ...] [[format [dformat]] atom] ...

where options include:
    -grammar                       print out full grammar for command line
    -display host:dpy              the X server to contact
    -id id                         resource id of window to examine
    -name name                     name of window to examine
    -font name                     name of font to examine
    -remove propname               remove a property
    -set propname value            set a property to a given value
    -root                          examine the root window
    -len n                         display at most n bytes of any property
    -notype                        do not display the type field
    -fs filename                   where to look for formats for properties
    -frame                         don't ignore window manager frames
    -f propname format [dformat]   formats to use for property of given name
    -spy                           examine window properties forever

startkde: Done.