List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] How do I run nxplugin in a webbrowser window?
From:       "Jo-Erlend Schinstad" <joerlend.schinstad () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-21 14:17:37

Thank you for your response. I have some follow-up questions.

On 19/03/07, Fabian Franz <FabianFranz@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I've been trying to get nxplugin to run in a browser window, both with
> > freenx and nomachine, but without any success. The plugin installs on
> > the client, loads and uses the correct session-file, but it's being
> > run in another window. How do I run it directly in the browser window?
>
> Linux or Windows?

Preferably both, but if I can make it work in either, it would be great.

> The plugin is run natively.
>
> But at least under linux you can add some code from plugger to use XReparentWindow \
> to include it in browser window.

Could you elaborate on that? I have little experience in C++
programming and none on Linux/X.

> Under windows NXWin would need to be forced to display to the Plugin AREA ...

That sounds interesting. Would I do that in Java? That's my language, you see.

> Else there is no solution for this at the moment ...
>
> Besides using a Java X Server, which does work, but has some culprits ...

What kind of culprits and how would I make that work? Would it require
lots of programming in another language than Java?

Thanks again

Jo-Erlend