List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] NX without X
From:       Mark Hellman <markhellman () techie ! com>
Date:       2006-06-01 20:59:10

Felipe Alfaro Solana escreveu:

> BTW, did you notice any improvement when using NX as a front-end to
> RDP/VNC back-end servers? I have tried that, but couldn't see any
> improvement wrt using RDP/VNC directly.

You may have a point.

In the article:
     http://nomachine.com/documentation/html/intr-technology.html#7
Gian Filippo Pinzari writes «Although NX compression offers the best
performances when running native X applications, RDP and RFB sessions can
be compressed by a factor ranging from 2 to 10.»

But I made some experiments and I couldn't verify this claim. The speed of
VNC through NX just sucked.

Mark