List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] FUSE / SSHFS
From:       Mark Arrasmith <arrasmith () math ! wichita ! edu>
Date:       2005-12-12 20:39:16

On Monday 12 December 2005 13:22, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> On Monday 12 December 2005 16:44, Denis Cardon wrote:
> > Kde kioslaves or gnome vfs are interesting technologies, but they only
> > solve the problems for applications that are compiled using that
> > specific technology (which amounts to just a few applications).
>
> For KDE I know for sure that all recent KDE versions of the last 3 years
> (or even longer?) have the fish:// KIO slave. nxfish is present in KDE-3.5
> (just a release of FreeNX that supports it is still missing).

Well that explains the ...
     An error occurred while loading nxfish:/:
     Could not connect to host localhost.

And for Denis and kioslaves: any KDE application that uses the KDE file
open/save dialog has access to fish:/.  Everything from kedit to
OpenOffice.org with the KDE integration.

Personally I don't know what is more intuitive for the user to access the
client's data.  Using the remote systems link ( fish:/, ftp:/, sftp:/, etc )
from konqueror or knowing that a particular directory represents the client.

- mark

--
Clear the laundromat!!  This whirl-o-matic just had a nuclear meltdown!!