List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    [FreeNX-kNX] nxconnect released
From:       LROUFAIL () nc ! rr ! com (LROUFAIL () nc ! rr ! com)
Date:       2005-03-02 12:47:25

That's a good point about the .ssh config.  That would be a good patch for someone to \
provide.

The source for NXWin is available on the nomachine site and the source for Cygwin/X \
is also available (I think NXWin is just a fork of this with a few changes - very few \
based on the changelog).

The X Server on the client is just launched as a separate application.  It should be \
possible to launch the Cygwin X server instead, but based on the changelog you would \
not get very good suspend/terminate behaviour.  If you can get Cygwin/X compiled then \
you could apply the nomachine patches and use your enhanced server instead of NXWin.

The way that nxclient, kNX, nxconnect, etc. work is that they call all the OSS \
components as separate executables.  For Nomachine this is necessary to avoid having \
to GPL their proprietary client.  For the rest of us it is a convenience.  We can \
write our clients without having to link to or modify the OSS components.  Especially \
on Windows, I am not interested in modifying their code.

- L