List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    AW: [FreeNX-kNX] Alioth projekt for FreeNX debian packages
From:       Martin Heddergott <nx () heddergott ! org>
Date:       2005-06-16 15:51:43

> No, because the key we are talking about is not used to encrypt the
> traffic but only for authenticating the nx user to the SSHD server.
> SSHD will then yield the control to nxserver, being nxserver the nx
> user's login shell. Both host authentication and all the other TLS
> features of SSH are entirely preserved.

Hi,
sorry,i've still a question on this Topic.
The Connection to the nxserver is established by public/private key auth. for user \
nx. The Shell for this User is nxserver which askes for Username and Password. \
Because the nomachine private key is known, it is possible to intercept and decrypt \
the Username and Passwort as said by Felix schumacher. And there will be no warning \
like Paul van der Vlis said if the Interceptor uses the nomachine key - or am i wrong \
? I made my own keypair and added the nxserver-public-key to my authorized_keys file. \
My login sequence in nxserver just asks for the Username and then 'break's. This way \
I don't need a Password and it works fine. Is this a good Idea or are there any \
"sideeffects" i do not see ?

> /Gian Filippo.

Martin