List:       freenet-webdev
Subject:    [Freenet-webdev] [Fwd: http://freenet.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=faq#sec2.4]
From:       Ian Clarke <i.clarke () dynamicblue ! com>
Date:       2000-03-17 10:03:28

From: "Gale, James" <James.Gale@kla-tencor.com>
To: "'i.clarke@dynamicblue.com'" <i.clarke@dynamicblue.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:09:24 -0800

You might want to link to www.openssh.com <http://www.openssh.com>  instead
of www.ssh.org <http://www.ssh.org> .

I'll take this opportunity to say that I'm impressed with the FreeNet
project and I hope it's wildly successful. The problem I have with the WWW
is that it's hard to reference web pages since they tend to be rearranged
(or removed!) every now and then.

When I find something useful on the web I feel compelled to save it locally
because I have no guarantees that it will remain online. If we moved to a
system of publishing everything on the WWW I think it would be a big
disadvantage to books because history could be constantly "rewritten".

Hopefully the FreeNet will solve some of these problems.

Thanks for your efforts.