List:       freenet-support
Subject:    [Freenet-support] Re: [Freenet-dev] help please!
From:       1723 <1723 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-06-24 13:29:51

1st: this should be support.
2nd: i send it directly to the help-searching-guy.... who knows if he
has
subscripted

Oskar Sandberg schrieb:

<LOL>
> Ah, you forgot to hold down ctrl, alt, and delete while you click on
> the Freenet program.
nono. you must install ILOVE YOU befor freenet is able to work

> Happy clicking!
>
> Oskar Sandberg
> md98-osa@nada.kth.se
</LOL>

> On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, no name wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have just down loaded your program and I cant seem to get it to open. I
> > saved it to desk top and along with the freenet software i also downloaded
> > the java software. I even unzipped both downloads and when i click on any of
> > the folders in them it asks you to choose which program to use to open the
<GERMAN>hae</GERMAN>
windoze asks you something when you click on directorys? you seem to
have a very
ugly windows.
> > program, and Im not quite sure which to open it in. I tried it in explorer
> > and it doesnt work. Im very anxious to begin using your software, so please
> > help me. Thank you.
> > sincerely,
> >   nissa
i couldn't understand you fully, but i although try to help you.
i think you're useing windoze.

i hope you d/ed the binary-stuff.
unzip it to a directory (ph*ckin' windoof-users call this folders AFAIK)
like
d:\winapps\freenet\

i hope you have installed a JRE properly.

add the java-directory to your path-environment-variable
(a command like
 set path=%path%;d:\winapps\JavaSoft\JRE\1.2\bin\
 should work)
or add in the batch (.bat) files (fserve.bat frequest.bat finsert.bat)
the
path of your JRE to the "java" command.
so "java" is changed to "d:\winapps\JavaSoft\JRE\1.2\bin\java.exe"

note that you must use the path where java is on your system.

then it shoulda work.

note: fserve is generaly _not_ frozen --- although you may think this.

good luck with your OS

 myself
--

What is the difference between a Turing machine and the modern computer?
It's the same as that between Hillary's ascent of Everest and the