List:       freenet-philosophy
Subject:    Re: [Freenet-philosophy] Re: [Freenet-chat] Re: gozilla-like clients
From:       "Marcel Popescu" <marcel () AIUREA ! COM>
Date:       2000-07-25 19:15:22

From: "James Ashley" <jimrthy@yahoo.com>

> Is it correct to build a house on unowned land? Yes.

> Is it correct for someone to claim that they are
> some government agency and tax me out of existence
> (or at all)? No.

I happen to agree with you.  Let's consider
productivity:  how do we make that a reality?

[Mark] Why do you agree with me? Just curious, since you say you don't "do"
moral stuff. As for how we make it reality, well, gee, I'd like to suggest a
few methods, but I'll get arrested...

I think this is what I perceive as the difference
between a moral and a principle.  It's a specific
instance of an action I consider distasteful.  The
label of morality, however, is too strong.

[Mark] Hmm... I think I resemble Ayn Rand here. She used the word "egoist"
exactly because it shocked people to hear that egoism is good. I prefer to
use the term "morality" instead of "whatever is pleasant today" because I
think it's less confusing.

Mark