List:       freenet-dev
Subject:    [Freenet-dev] build 127
From:       Oskar Sandberg <md98-osa () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2000-04-28 20:06:19

I implemented the removal of bad references, using David and Ian's idea from
this afternoon that I should wait until at least one message has been sent
before removing anything. It still might produce problems if say your isp is
cut off but there are other nodes in the isp, but it should work ok.

References are removed on SendFailed and when you timeout (not to be confused
with TimedOut). The timeout specifically means that it is not a good idea to
set a higher then standard expected hop time, because then the previous node
will time out before you, and assume you are the guilty party. I didn't
implement removing references on failed data sends, since they don't currently
restart or anything, but this will have to come with CHKs.

I also moved Bill's connection speed throttling to the Connection class, so
the connection handler never has to worry about it (the way you were searching
for localhost was breaking protocol independence also, Bill).

I also added a maxHopsToLive so that messages above that will have it cut down.
By default I made it 100 for now.

--

Oskar Sandberg

md98-osa@nada.kth.se