List:       freenet-dev
Subject:    Re: [Freenet-dev] Re: [Freenet-chat] More Napster problems
From:       Oskar Sandberg <md98-osa () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2000-04-28 7:17:12

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Brandon wrote:
<snip>
> You could subclass DataSource, but I think it would be better in an
> Options field because we might extend shy to do something else in the
> future, although I'm not sure what that might be.

Shy relates to the spreading of the Address. If you have it doing something
else, then that is a different setting. It may be that both those settings are
good for paranoid node operators, but they would still be different.

> I think the way to recognize shy connections is if they set the proper
> option (say as I think it should be with Transient and KeepAlive) then it
> notices and treats that message accordingly.

Shy is not really a connection option. I see a connection option as something
that affects RawMessage and ConnectionHandler (like KeepAlive). Fields that
handled only in the Message class are message options.

Why would would you want a field for transient?