List:       freeipmi-devel
Subject:    [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI 0.7.X future support
From:       Al Chu <chu11 () llnl ! gov>
Date:       2009-12-03 19:05:35

Hey everyone,

Just as a note to everyone.  Very soon (probably early next week), I'm
going to release FreeIPMI 0.8.1.

I've decided that I will continue to support releases in the 0.7.X
stable line.  The reasons being:

A) the change between 0.7.X to 0.8.X is huge, and I understand some have
legacy support needs

B) 0.7.X is in a number of distros (Fedora, RHEL, Debian, and probably
some other distros).

I will not regularly/actively backport bugs, workarounds, etc., but I
will do so on a "on demand" basis.  In other words, people have to
harass me on the mailing lists :-)

Thanks,

Al

--