List:       freedos-user
Subject:    Re: [Freedos-user] Question about error message / redirecting AUX and PRN?
From:       Eric Stein <thebr () indnile ! com>
Date:       2022-07-11 17:25:26

Thanks for the reply. It turns out the software is trying to write to
the com port on exit, which I'm assuming expects to find a modem there.
There was a modem connected, but wasn't turned on. With the modem on, I
don't get the error. Also if there is nothing connected to the port, the
data is just sent out to nowhere, and there is no error. I'm not sure
why it is accessing a modem only in certain conditions, but obviously
this is not a FreeDOS problem.

BTW I did not specifically mention that I'm running this on old hardware
(Pentium III based) and not a VM. I will ignore the drive messages and
see what happens. Also it is a Gateway system, so it may have finicky
stuff going on that a generic system doesn't.

Regards,
Eric