List:       freedos-user
Subject:    Re: [Freedos-user] I'm back!
From:       john s wolter <johnswolter () wolterworks ! com>
Date:       2014-05-21 4:26:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Jim,

Good for you.  I've just started work on finishing my Aerospace Engineering
degree.  That's right I'm a "Rocket Scientist". Still works at a party.

Since you now have major cred on usability maybe you might find a way to
get LINUX on that righteous path.  KDE, Gnome, and the rest are beat by
Apple's environment and ....wait for it... yes even M$-Windows is a bit
better than the LINUX contenders.  I'm embarrassed to say it.

DOS?  Well I guess it's just DOS as always.  I'm looking to run DOS with an
application as a cloud appliance.  "Appliance" really means Amazon Web
Services or Google's compute product,  Such old DOS programs can now live
forever.

The Federal Aviation Agency, FAA, used emulation of older computers, not
DOS, to run older air traffic control software.  They had tried to rewrite
that software but seemed to keep failing.  It appears that old software ran
for several years before replacement.

.

Cheers,
John S. Wolter