List:       freedos-user
Subject:    [Freedos-user] SNTP complains about lease time
From:       "Marcos Favero Florence de Barros" <favero () mpcnet ! com ! br>
Date:       2013-08-30 12:29:32

Hi Mike,

I've been using SNTP regularly to adjust the computer clock, but
recently it began to give this message:

    mTCP SNTP Client by M Brutman (mbbrutman@gmail.com) (C)opyright 2009-2013
      Version: Apr 26 2013
    Your DHCP lease expires in less than an hour!  Please run DHCP.EXE.

My batch file does run DHCP before SNTP, and indeed the lease is
less than one hour:

    Sending DHCP requests, Press [ESC] to abort.
    DHCP request sent, attempt 1: Offer received, Acknowledged
    Good news everyone!
    IPADDR = ...
    NETMASK = ...
    GATEWAY = ...
    NAMESERVER = ...
    LEASE_TIME = 1800 seconds
    Settings written to 'c:\internet\mtcp\mtcp_mar.cfg'

It used to be 3600 seconds, and SNTP did work.

Presumably we now must either increase lease time to one hour,
or reduce SNTP's requirement of a one-hour lease. How can we do
it?

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos Fávero Florence de Barros