List:       freedos-freecom
Subject:    [freecom] Drive space size reporting (FAT-32)
From:       FreeCom User <freedos123 () email ! com>
Date:       2003-11-08 13:34:40

Hello again Steffen!

I have not posted here in some time as I have been quite buzy doing some
DOS development of sorts, but I really was wondering when the issue of
showing the correct drive space size is going to get implemented.  I
know it must be difficult having to handle Freecom changes I am finding
freecom itself is working VERY well (except for the COPY bug I just
posted on Bugzilla #1722).  I have not run into many problems at all
with command.com (PL2 XMS_SWAP) and I've been using it for awile now.

The kernel.sys folks told me that the drive space reporting size is a
command.com issue and has been brought up before to get developed at
some point for FAT-32 drives.  I really do hope you do find the time to
get that code in.  Many drive space programs I have tried all report
back 2,147,123,200 bytes free which yes I know is the max limit
command.com can report back so far.

Please do find the time to get this change in if you can for the next
freecom PL3 release or is there a TSR I can load that can get around
this problem?  I'm guessing not but I thought I should ask.

We REALLLLLY do appreciate the work you have done on command.com
Steffen, I think its very close do being done.  Good work :)))

Thanks,
Tyler
freedos123@email.com

Live for the moment as DOS lives Forever!

This email was sent to: freedos-freecom@progressive-comp.com