List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Re: [fd-dev] Putting free-dos on an flash eeprom?
From:       Alain <alainm () pobox ! com>
Date:       2001-04-24 21:25:51

Hi Mark,

you gave just the code of the chip. To use it as DISK you have to know how
to access them and then you will need a program to emulate a disk via
Int 13. Probably you can get that from your board manufacturer. I don't
think it is an easy task. I have never seen a Disk Emulation Bios for
Flash Eprom Boards that is GNU :(

Alain

>I have a single board computer that has two sockets for a flash eprom chips.
>
>I have two 28F020 style chips (2 megabytes each).
>
>Can someone give me information, links, etc on how to store dos on flash chips?  I would
like information thats not specific to "Disk on Chip" because thats an entirely different
beast.

>Thank you in advance,
>Mark

Discuss Tech News as It Happens!
Keep up with the latest happenings in high tech -- FREE!
http://click.topica.com/caaaa4Ibz8Rv5bAgbuZf/technology