List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Re: fat32
From:       Joseph Morris <jp_morris () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-01-29 0:24:55

--- Imre Lebr <ilebr@vub.ac.be> wrote:
> Does anybody know where i can find the
> specifications for fat32 and fat
> that supports the long file names?

No, but I'd be very surprised indeed if FAT32 isn't
designed exclusively to sit on top of the int13h
extensions for LBA addressing.
Which the kernel doesn't support at this stage.

Hmm.  If the kernel did support LBA addressing, it
would certainly get rid of the 540MB bug.
I don't think machines which can support >=540MB disks
come without the int 13h extensions, but I could be
wrong.