List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Re: Source distribution for beta4
From:       James Hall <jhall1 () isd ! net>
Date:       2000-01-23 18:50:46

Brian makes a good point.  More people are downloading Beta4 than the
previous releases.  FreeDOS is definitely becoming more popular, by any
measure you like.  And a fair number of new users will be programmers,
so having the source readily available to them to make
patches/improvements will be a big bonus.

Okay, I'll try to make sure I release a Source disk set in the next
Beta.

And I may have made 'Source v. no Source' a bigger deal than it really
is.  I agree with you guys; let's not get too worked up over a detail.
:-)

Back to coding!
-jh