List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Kernel 2005 and booting off of the hard disk.
From:       "Brian E. Reifsnyder" <reifsnyderb () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1999-03-29 23:25:43

I just updated my FreeDOS boot disk with the new kernel.sys, boot.bin,
sys.com, and everything else the install.bat adds.  The bootdisk works great
and the kernel loads real fast.  Great job!

On the other hand, has anyone tested booting off a hard disk?  I fdisked,
formatted, & sys'ed my FreeDOS box and the kernel doesn't load.  The PC runs
the MBR and then hangs.  It appears that the boot sector starts to execute
but the drive light just stays on and the system locks.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder
reifsnyderb@mindspring.com