List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Re: Free-DOS Status Report - 07/26/96
From:       Peter Mikalajunas <kd9fb () xnet ! com>
Date:       1996-07-27 5:49:28

At 12:50 AM 7/27/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone.  I would like to start tonight by thanking everyone over
>the past 1 - 2 weeks who have jumped back into the discussions, and
>offered there help and support for free-DOS.  I would also like to say
>thanks for all of the encuragement that you have shown toward my position
>as Hannibal's assistant, and development coardinator.  There are a few
>areas that I will need to work on, especially in the area of spelling and
>grammer, as some of you have pointed out.  I do n ot have a problem at all
>with anyone who wishes to give me some constructive critism, especially if
>it will help me function and appear to be more professional to the
>out-side world, as I hope this is the same for everyone else.  On teh area
>of spelling, I will need to ask everyone to bare with me on that respect.
>All official/public documents will go under a high degree of scruteny,
>that's when I get windows out, and use the spell check software there,
>also some people, such as Bearheart have offered to read through some of
>the documents to check grammer/ect.   Normal messages may be a little bit
>more of a problem... when I do the majority of my main checking , and
>writting it's done via a Unix shell on a DOS system through an E-Mail
>software called PINE, which does have spell checking, but no library, and
>almost every word (except a few) are listed as spelling-errors.  If anyone
>has any suggestions as to an alternative option I can use on the shell,
>let me know... also, my service provider will not allow the use of the EXC
>command, so that will limit some of my options...

>Bryon Quackenbush <odo@cris.com>
>Free-DOS Development Coardinator

>From the Pine on line help:

    11. Alternate Editor for Composing Messages

There are two ways to get Pine to use an alternate editor for composing
messages.  One option is to choose an editor ahead of time and set the
"editor" variable in your Pine configuration file.  If this is done,
"^_ Alt Edit" will show in the menu of the composer.  The second option
is to enable the feature "enable-alternate-editor-cmd" in the Pine
configuration variable "feature-list".  Then you can give the "^_"
command while in the composer even if it is not shown on the menu.  You
will be prompted for the name of the editor to invoke.  At present you
cannot edit the header with the alternate editor.

Or you can save the message to a file, shell out and use spell. :(

Peter Mikalajunas
kd9fb@xnet.com
http://www.xnet.com/~kd9fb