List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Re: Improvement to media changed function
From:       "Arkady V.Belousov" <ark () belous ! munic ! msk ! su>
Date:       1999-02-20 12:05:32

Hi!

15-ζΕΧ-99 22:38 rhoadsk@banet.net (Kevin G. Rhoads) wrote to John Price <linux-guru@gcfl.net>:

KR> Normally, even though 720k drives can be used in XT class machines, there is
KR> no way for the media change indicator to get to the CPU UNLESS non
KR> standard hardware is installed.  So all floppies must be timed-out on
KR> XT class machines.

     Also I want to add some info from MS-DOS help (config.sys, drivparm=):

______________O\_/_________________________________\_/O______________
                                  DRIVPARM
[...]

Syntax

    DRIVPARM=/D:number [/C] [/F:factor] [/H:heads] [/I] [/N] [/S:sectors]
    [/T:tracks]

Switches

/D:number
    Specifies the physical drive number. Values for number must be in the
    range 0 through 255 (for example, drive number 0 = drive A, 1 = drive B,
    2 = drive C, and so on).

/C
    Specifies that the drive can detect whether the drive door is closed.