List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    format
From:       Jan Wagemakers <janw () wireworm ! com>
Date:       1999-02-19 9:32:04

Hello,

Brian E. Reifsnyder wrote :

 > I started working on a new version of format that will work in FreeDOS.  But, I
 > ran into the problem of converting the logical sector into a cylinder, head,
 > and sector.
If I have not misunderstand your question, then the following can help you :

dos_sektor(int 25) = (SPT * H) + (SPT * T * aantal_H) + S - 1

Where - S                  = sector-number (1 to XX)
      - T                  = track-number  (0 to XX)
      - SPT                = Sectors per Track on the disk
      - H                  = head-number
      - aantal_H           = Numbers of heads on the disk
      - dos_sektor(int 25) = logical sector number (like used in INT 25 DX)

Regards         - Jan Wagemakers -

 Internet : JanW@mail.dma.be | http://bewoner.dma.be/JanW (Linux & Assembler)
 Fidonet  : 2:292/854.19

... Still I miss her   Yeah I miss her   Since she's gone