List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    [fd-dev] Character sets
From:       Henrique Peron <peron () email ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-11-28 21:11:53

Hi all,

for those who don't know me, I'm working on "codepages" (character sets) and
keyboard layouts for, respectively, Aitor Santamaria's DISPLAY and KEYB.

I'm aware of the existance of codepages 112 (turkish), 843 (uzbek) and 854
(spanish); I just don't find their mappings anywhere.

I'm also preparing codepages from non-DOS platforms such as Windows,
ISO-8859-x, Mac, HP-UX, DEC, KOI8, Adobe, NextSTEP and ISO-IR-xxx (beyond
the IR-xxx encodings related to 8859-x), so to provide cross-platform
communication to FreeDOS.

For the time being, I'm only focusing on character sets related to
variations of these five alphabets: latin, cyrillic, greek, georgian and
armenian.

I would be grateful for any info (mappings, links to websites, etc.).

Thanks in advance,
have a nice day,
Henrique Peron