List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    Re: [fd-dev] MS tools errorlevel table :-) / ANSI questions!!
From:       Matthias Paul <Matthias.Paul () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2003-11-24 23:53:42

On 2003-11-23, Aitor Santamarķa Merino wrote:

>> Maybe this list could be useful to whoever jumps on this
>> idea as well. You can find it as part of the MPDOSTIP.ZIP
>> package downloadable on my (very outdated - sic) web-page
>> to be found via my signature below. Meanwhile the material
>> is also floating around on various other German web sites
>> (sometimes with my permission, but most often without any
>> authorization...)
>>
> Would you mind if I link the file from the TODO list, from
> the corresponding item, as a reference material, or you
> prefer not to have it published out there? (both are ok by
> me, of course). Perhaps I can simply add a note and a link
> to your page, telling where to find the file.

Well, the errorlevel list is part of a file dealing with
various DOS batch programming issues and quirks. If you like,
feel free to lift the corresponding sections out of that
file, after all, the information is there to be used... ;-)
(Sorry, I don't have any time to translate that stuff
into English.)

If you just want to place a link to the MPDOSTIP.ZIP archive
into the TODO list, there's no problem with me as well.
I think, that old site will remain stable for quite a while
still, although I may re-open a completely revised site
elsewhere whenever I find some time again (not likely to
happen too soon... ;-)

>> The list is in German language, but I think, the list of
>> errorlevels is easy enough to translate. But if someone
>> has specific questions in regard to it, feel free to ask
>> and I will try to clear up the issue as my time allows.
>> Of course, if someone is willing to compile a "master list"
>> from the various sources in the net in English language
>> and wants to include my list, that's fine with me as well.
>>
> And this would be of big interest for the TODO as well...

You have my OK.

Greetings,

 Matthias

--