List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    re:Re: [fd-dev] new PRINT maintainer needed! / simple EMM386 improvements
From:       Eric Auer <eric () CoLi ! Uni-SB ! DE>
Date:       2003-08-01 16:30:18

Hi Tom, I agree that CALLVER is by far not as versatile as SETVER.
I think I even already suggested adding a full SETVER to the post 1.0 TODO
list in personal mails to Jim or Aitor.

Point taken!

(CALLVER only works for a single invocation, and is meant for
cases where a static VERSION= setting is not enough. I think a full
SETVER has to do much more - decide dynamically on basis of the
exe name, for example - and that it would be nice if it could use
a kernel API that allows to set the reported version. I already proposed
such an API, but alas my patch did not work...).

Eric.