List:       freedns-users
Subject:    Re: Whois information
From:       Erwan David <erwan () rail ! eu ! org>
Date:       2004-09-08 8:04:47

Le Wed  8/09/2004, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski disait
> On Wednesday, 08 September 2004 at 09:27, b,m. wrote:
> > Well, seeing that there is apparently no one even, or barely,
> > running this list, we have bigger problems, i think.
> >
> > --- Future Spy <futurespy@terra.com.br> wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > > Well, I think only person's "e-mail" field is okay.
> > > Address would be nice too, but that doesn't worry me ^^'
>
> Considering that this list has nothing to do with eu.org DNS admins (I
> don't think they even read this list), it's not as much a problem as you
> think. The best thing you can do is get a P.O. Box and give its postal
> address anywhere you want to protect your privacy.

Moreover, an obfuscated email address makes sense only if this address
is on a forwarding server with some sort of rate control, to allow
sending mail to contacts but not spamming all contact addresses. This
means adding infrastructure (hardware and software) able to handle
it.

--
Erwan