List:       freedns-users
Subject:    Re: some news about www.eu.org
From:       jaclavi () gulp-86 ! fr ! eu ! org
Date:       2000-09-20 5:18:45

Le Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 01:54:12AM +0200,
vous Žcriviez:
> Hello all,
>
> So the machine recently installed crashed also. It experienced
> miscellaneous problems in the last few days, one of them being a
> siren sound (!) coming out of the machine almost permanently, plus

Very sorry for the bad machine :-( I got a set of three machines
of the same type ; two of them are working fine at this end.
Bad luck with that one...

> This time, we decided to use a brand new machine: a Pentium III /
> 650MHz, 128Mb RAM, 9Gb SCSI disk. The machine was donated to eu.org
> by Gandi.net.

Many Thanks to Gandi's Old Chaps,

> As it's been all reinstalled from scratch this time, the operating
> system has been upgraded from FreeBSD 2.2.8 to FreeBSD 4.1.

The beast is now up and running...

Thanks Pierre,

                    Jacques

--