List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    copy paste from or to xquartz and other applications or within xquartz
From:       Eric Fredrickson <eric () pppl ! gov>
Date:       2020-04-01 14:50:02

The copy paste function is intermittent.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Sometimes it can be fixed by randomly changing settings in preferences:pasteboard.  And I mean random.  Sometimes it works if I just disable syncing altogether.  Sometimes it works with everything checked. Or with random changes.  Sometimes I can't get it to work and have to quit xquartz and restart, a major time waste.

This can be between xquartz and, for instance, Pages or MSOffice apps.  Or within XQuartz itself.