List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: TWM is lacking libxinerama
From:       microsoft gaofei <wangziheng () outlook ! com>
Date:       2018-09-10 3:50:32

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Just start QEMU, get your mouse and keyboard captured to the Guest OS, and play \
videos in the guest. After all above, try to toggle full screen mode, you'll see that \
QEMU window is still small and the video stopped. Try to cancel full screen mode by \
pressing Ctrl-Alt-F, the video will continue. ________________________________
·¢¼þÈË: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith@oracle.com>
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2018Äê9Ô 8ÈÕ 1:06:24
ÊÕ¼þÈË: microsoft gaofei; xorg@lists.x.org
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: TWM is lacking libxinerama

On 09/ 6/18 06:41 PM, microsoft gaofei wrote:
> I wanted to use QEMU and games in full screen mode, but it failed with TWM.
> People say that libxinerama is needed to use full screen mode, however, TWM
> doesn't offer libxinerama.

I don't see the connection - libXinerama would let twm query the system to see
where monitor boundaries are in a multi-monitor environment, but shouldn't
affect the ability of other clients to set their window size to match the
monitor size.

In any case, twm has no active developers working on it, so I'd suggest choosing
a different window manager if you want features twm lacks.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith@oracle.com
         Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc